Monday, May 12, 2008

Misc

Wanted to go back, tired and no mood... but its raining and I still have to finish one more administrative work.
I guess whats bugging me is that I will have to do my PTK 6 exam from 23 Jun to 4 July. Just got the email. My wife is due to give birth then. Part of me hopes that baby will be born earlier. How selfish am I?
Missed last year PTK, coz I was in New Zealand for a conference... and took the whole family for a 6 week holiday.
And without this PTK 6, cant apply for promotion and/or pay increase. So must attend... or just forget it... Wife not happy! Not that I am ... but if I dont, we have to wait another year..? Dont think I want to.... but do I have the choice?
But as usual, circumstance play an important role...
Knowing me, if my wife gives birth at that time, well... forget PTK 6 exams... my wife is more important. I can always leave this University as from 13/2/09 when I finish my bond!

Plus spent the whole day examining the worst PhD thesis ever when I wanted to finish my book chapter.

All in all, its a normal Monday!

Ernest

4 comments:

Omykiss said...

Wow! What a hectic life you lead .. I hope the baby gets his/her timing right and everything works out well .... good luck!

Unknown said...

omykiss - yes i do live a hectic life; and trying to slow it down...

: )

munua said...

OMG!, PTK exam? that's just horrible isn't? Sometimes I just wish that the whole PTK things are scrapped off totally. For me personnally, I probably be never allowed to sit for PTK becaue the nature of scale (Q41) vs. qualification (Degree in Economics when the scale Q is exclusively for Scientist i.e. biotechnology and stuff!!)....No thanks to the "unsrupulous" recruitment officer!!

I probably will retire as Q41 with no prospect of job promotion and anjakan gaji. But, I'll live.

All the best to you Prof. and I pray and I hope that your wife and the baby be safe and healthy.

Don.

Unknown said...

munua - thanks and I agree with your sentiments. I think Cuepacs is doing a lousy job but who am I to say anything...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin