Tuesday, May 10, 2011

These few weeks

Been some time since I wrote here.. just too busy..
These past few weeks I have been travelling.. been to Terengganu, Miri, and Sibu. I do love flying, just that when I get back to office again.. the amount of work due.. and this is even with me carrying my old laptop with me and trying to do some work in between meetings and at the airport.
I enjoy flying... and now many a time in Business Class, nice. But now when I can fly and eat all those good food.. I am supposed not to (diabetic)... lol.. the irony of it all. Still, I do partake of the nice food in the Business Lounge, albeit sparingly. When I fly Economy or Air Asia, its the same... I enjoy the food, the whole scenario of it.
If its a daytime flight, I will try to get a window seat and end up taking volumes of photos. I love watching the scenery pass by, the city as we leave Kuching or when we land in Kuching, I try to see UNIMAS or if seated the other side, the town.. and take photos... flying is very humbling to me, we are these small specks of dust in God's earth and we are flying, yet look at the clouds, the sea, the land below.. beautiful.
It was good to get back to Terengganu, the first thing I di was to get some flowers and visit my dad's grave. It has been a long time, and it was good to say a prayer. Then visited the normal sites and bought ton's of 'keropok' that has since been distributed to all in Kuching.. lol.. Terengganu still looks the same as when I grew up there.
Miri was another trip i did just recently, to sell UNIMAS graduate degrees. Was rather disappointed when a handful of people still didn't know where UNIMAS was. Came home to Kuching and then flew to Sibu. Sibu was quiet, yet still managed to catch up with some alumni of the Corporate MBA programme, and it was good to see and also hear that my students are doing well. Also managed to meet up with Lim Jin Hwa, and had a long chat till the early hours of the morning, good to have met you.
Now to mark exam papers before the next round of travel.. of to Kuala Lumpur for 3 days then to Kuala Lumpur, Cameron Highlands, Genting Highlands and Kuala Lumpur again.. see you in June!

Ernest

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin