Monday, December 24, 2012

Different Rates

Just came back from taking my Hungarian friends to Jong's Crocodile Farm.. the crocodile farm seems to  practice differentiated pricing there.. 1 price for foreigners and another for Sarawakians.. and I think another for West Malaysians.
Sadly as I walked towards the ticket counter this lady asked me where I was from, and I said 9th Mile and she look at me one kind.. then asked if I was a West Malaysian. Of course I am.. and she immediately ticked on a piece of paper and passed it to me to pass to the cashier. So I paid the full price.. not wanting to create a scene with my guest in tow.
I have lived in Sarawak for more than 20 years. Even the address on my Identity Card is in Kuching! But here I am paying West Malaysian / tourist price.
Same thing at the Sarawak Cultural Village. I enjoy going there... but why, after 20 over years living in Kuching, Sarawak.. must I pay the fee of a West Malaysian?
That's one of the reasons I am rather reluctant to go to these places, but with international guest.. what choice do I have. Its not that there are many other choices.. well, at least the Orang Utan place in Semonggok was still ok..now just need to go there and see whats the policy now..

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin