Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day

Anyone noticed that it was Valentine's Day yesterday?
If you did not, it means you were not driving in Kuching... and seeing all these small stalls by the roadside selling flowers and cuddly toys at astronomical prices...
Somehow or rather I just cant get this occassion... why must there be this special day... unless its for crass marketing (more of selling) of products /services ...
I for one, believe that my wife is to be treasured every day and flowers are not for once in a year. I still got her a red rose (asked my RA to buy it earlier for me) and gave it to her.. while both of us laughed it off and went for dinner at Sugar Bun. Hadly romantic but more of an understanding between us that every day is special.
Not just Valentine's Day. Everyday.
Ernest

2 comments:

Rayla Princess said...

At least there are still good husbands out there.

Keeping a marriage vibrant
and strong requires patience, tolerance and understanding.

Take a good care of your wife & son. They are your precious.

StAngeL said...

If there is one special day just like Valentine's day, but it is a day to celebrate the most caring and the best husband, I would like to name the day "de Run's Day".

=) Your wife and son are very lucky to have you.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin