Sunday, November 30, 2008

Serian Wet Market

I like dropping by Serian on the way back to kampung, or just to drop by there. I like the fish market, with its abundance of local fresh water fish and prawns. This time there were some tourist there, and overheard them commenting on how the place smells. Oh well, what can one expect? Its a fresh fish market in the tropics. Plus for me, its actually quite OK, there is a smell, but not a stench.
Noticed that now there is a section for 'kuih' (various traditional munchies), which were quite OK, plus a SYT (Sweet Young Thing) there said hello to me. Ha Ha Ha. My father in law then said to her, "Why didnt you speak Malay to him," and SYT asked me if I understood and I said "Sik" (No), which must have confused her more. The fruit and vege and others market was around the same. What I like about this place is that it has always managed to surprise me with new things. This time it was unripe durian being sold by the kilo.
All in all, a good trip.


Ernest

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sir...Serian wet market its great...went thr last week,..d durian if its done tempoyak...OMG...Songg ahhhh...yummy Yummyyyy....last week saw a guy came wid a guni bag...gueezzz wat is inside..PHYTON..HugEEE oNE...scaRRYy...GeLi...Ewwww...went Up cloSe to have a look n great...i spoil my lUnch...no lunch for the day..hahaha

Unknown said...

Hi Angelyn - yup, saw many things there... interesting place.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin