Friday, February 13, 2009

Matthew 25:14 - 30

No. I am not preaching. Was reading this a few days ago and found it interesting and thought provoking.
See verse 23.
The master said, 'Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Lets celebrate together.'
Compare this to verse 29,
'... But from those who are unfaithful, even what little they have will be taken away.'

I find this so true in my life and in the people I deal with.
The ones who do work, will get more work. At the same time, they 'celebrate' together with the boss. You may not get more money, but you gain favor with the boss.
The ones who do not do work, find that they are not given any responsibility, and whatever responsibility that they have is usually limited.

I see it among my students too, especially my research students. The ones that work on their thesis, get more work from me. I believe that they can handle the responsibility and by giving them more 'work' they become more exposed to the academic world and become academicians on their own right. The ones that don't work or haven't proven themselves, don't get more work.
I like the parallel.
Now isn't that thought provoking?

Ernest

2 comments:

J-Man said...

ha ha... no wonder lar... ha ha... yes, it is kind of provoking but that what life is. if i have students or even people work under me, same concept applied for them as well..

Anonymous said...

Absolutely agreed by me!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin