Saturday, October 31, 2009

Race and Privileges (2)

My take on this issue; nothing much will happen. Why... Years of experience.

Lets look at the current scenario. Newspaper report. Big noise. On FB and all over town, even in coffee shops (when had lunch yesterday).
Then another new paper report. More noise. Even stronger words and bigger officials.
This morning... even the Deputy Chief Minister spoke. WOW. Maybe he must have realized that his grandkids will no longer be Bumiputera according to this law.

Soon... there will be silence. Trust me. Nothing more to report in the papers. New sensational news come about. People have short memories.

Lets compare to a recent case.

Lets look at the most recent hoo haw that I have highlighted here. The tyre fire near my place, at the illegal tyre storage by the side of the road. Let me illustrate.

Newspaper report. Big noise. On FB and all over town, even in coffee shops.
Then another new paper report. More noise. Even stronger words and bigger officials. More photos of very important persons visiting.

For your information, the tyre storage is still there. Yesterday as I was driving back, I even saw a blue truck pouring out even more tyres on to the site.

And that is what will happen to Marina's case.

Lets hope our elected official prove me wrong. But I doubt it, as SDNU already bluntly said they will not bring up the issue (yesterday's paper). And even by bringing it to Parliament, what are the chances any changes will occur (who will even want to bring it to Parliament?). Reading in FB, Sabah practices a more lenient law, either one parent is Bumiputera, the children are (Sino-Kadazan).

The joke is... why should I worry... no matter what, my daughter cant inherit her mother's land and rights. My son has Downs Syndrome and by law cant inherit anything. And the current law basically isn't in my favor. As I told my wife, we have to prepare for the future of our children, never to expect for any help.

Ernest

1 comment:

Chong C.B said...

Sir, our future is in our own hand....cheer

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin