Saturday, September 18, 2010

Yvonne and Roland's Wedding Dinner

I was privileged to be invited to one of my ex-Masters student's wedding dinner. Thank you for remembering me. I find that this batch are quite well organized and do keep in touch.. maybe a 5 year reunion dinner later guys?
Anyways, back to the topic. Was happy to be invited and happier still that I was around and able to attend. It has been a hectic year of work and travel. At the same time, I have had my fill of dinners.. but still wanted to be there for them.
The evening started well, had a nice chat with John (please keep it to yourself).. and then with a few others. It was a good social setting. Its been a long time since I went out in a social setting.. partly family, partly my choice and health issues (LOL).. but it is nice to chat with friends (even though they were my students, I consider them friends) in a 'safe' atmosphere.The place, Sarawak Club, had been refurbished.. it has been some time since I had been there. The dining room was huge and the place was nice. The food was excellent. I had a bit of wine, which I must say I liked.
I found that I enjoyed myself, seeing my ex-students, talking to a few of them. It has been a long time since I have been to a Chinese wedding dinner.. and the Yam Sengs were long and loud (which is good). There was a good emcee (English and Chinese) and good singer(s). Overall, it was an excellent dinner.
But I didn't stay long. After the yam sengs, I left when Chong left.. and a few others followed suit. I don't know. Its not that the function was bad, it was great. It was more of me, wanting to go home.. and can go home. I have had so many dinners in the past (and some even now still) that were 'jobs' rather than 'pleasure.'
Yet I wanted to go home. Wonder why? There was a time I would be out till late, now I rather be at home cuddling my boy to sleep, or going to have a veg out in front of the TV. Turned out as when I reached home, my wife tells me Walter has a fever. Nothing serious, he just wanted to get away from going to school.
Anyways.. I am still wondering why I no longer enjoy going out late at night?

Ernest

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin