Thursday, February 21, 2008

Suspected Glaucoma

Guess what? Yup, suspected glaucoma.. me..
Sometimes I wonder when will I ever have an easy life.
Went for a simple eye check up yesterday. I knew something was wrong when the doctor said that I needed further test. And I knew something was very, very wrong when he said I should meet his boss.
Not good news. 70% right eye and 50% left eye has nerve damage.
Tomorow they will do another test to see my field of vision and whether my vision is deteriorating or static.
And the doctor told me calmly that if all is good I can expect to be blind in 20 years. If not...
Aaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ernest
210208

2 comments:

Peter de Run said...

With one medical challenge after another, I believe you could go 2 ways: decide you are cirsed and fated to suffer a gamut of diseases and die or realize that this is an opportunity to experience, learn, emphatize and even overcome (to a certain degree) these diseases and then turn around to comfort others, teach others and help others in the same boat (and there ARE many in your boat). Let's make lemonade from these lemons you get thrown with - turn the tables around!

Muhammad Mohsin said...

Hi Prof

Telling people that the pain and suffering are an exam from GOD is one thing and facing it in life is something else. Although every human on this earth bears his share of pain some got more then average by the law of normal distribution curve rigorously used by us to justify our findings. It appears that you fall on the tails of the curve most of the time. But that also show that you are a unique case.

However there are two things , pain inflicted upon us by GOD are endorsement to our capacity of bearing them, second the suffocation of pain is just same as the suffocation feel by a seed under the soil before it tear apart the soil. Let’s pray to Allah all mighty to help you pass through this stage safe and sound and bless you with a beautiful and healthy baby

Mohsin Butt

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin