Monday, August 11, 2008

Crossing Kota Samarahan River

Went to see my land, well... my wife's land, as its in her name.. at Kota Samarahan. Been some time since we used the ferry. There was a long queue, as the ferry only operates at certain times (high tide). The ferry was quite big and both ferries were moving along, so the wait wasn't that long. The river was quite calm and it didn't take too long to get to the jetty on the other side. Quite nice boats, or should I say ferries, and they seem to be doing good business. Full of cars and motorbikes. Wonder when will the new bridge that I have been hearing about will start and be ready and how will it affect this quaint but slow mode of transportation.

Ernest

2 comments:

Omykiss said...

What fun! I love little ferries like that.

J-Man said...

It bring back the Sibu Lanang ferry before sibu toll bridge finished. Ha ha...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin