Monday, April 6, 2009

Palm Sunday

Went to church on Sunday, for the Palm Sunday service. We expected a crowd, but boy... was there a crowd. Became a traffic guard for a while ...
I grew up in a Pentecostal church, so the emphasis on liturgy and tradition is still sometimes difficult. It is amazing to me that many just turn up to church just at the main days, and this time its to get the palm frond cross, to put on the door, in the car etc.But this time the service was good, for me personally. Maybe not the service but what was written in the bulletin. Most of the time, if not all the time, its in Iban or Malay. This time it was in English and caught my eye, and the message really comforted me.
I take it as a reminder, that even in hard times, God is with me.
It was comforting and good to be reminded.
Ernest

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin